The Scrum Master will be responsible for developing and maintaining an agile SDLC for a development organization for a project team spread over multiple geographies, time zones and mix of multiple vendors (contractors) and employees. Scrum Master will also be responsible for the coaching/mentoring of existing development managers/leads on Scrum methodology as it is implemented and used during the project development life cycle.
As Scrum Master you must act like "Glue" or "Lubricant" depending on what the situation requires.
Role and Responsibilities
· Develop and maintain agile SDLC for a software development organization, creating necessary standards, tools and best practices.
· Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
· Guiding the team on how to get the most, out of self-organization
· Champion values of self-organization across organization
· Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
· Removing impediments and/or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
· Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
· Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
· Act as protector of team and moderator to resolve issues within team if arise.
· Helps team to focus on current Sprint, achieve sprint goals and value optimization
· Strive to help team to become high performance team with transparency, self-organization, business value focus, cooperation with competition
· Helps Team to learn from its experiences
· Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
· Educating Product Owner on benefits of sustained velocity and setting up cadence of delivery
· Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
· Ensures a proper power balance between PO, Team, and Management
· Addresses needs efficiently and effectively
· Detects hidden problems and strives to solve them
· Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
· Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
· CSM certification from Scrum Alliance
· The ability to distinguish between what "is Scrum" what is "not Scrum"
· Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, TDD, etc.
· Understanding of technologies used by team
· Must understand evolution of Scrum Master role in team over time period
· CSP certification from Scrum Alliance