Book Review: Lean Analytics: Use Data to Build a Better Startup Faster by Benjamin Yoskovitz and Alistair Croll : Publisher- O'Reilly: ISBN- 13: 978-1449335670
Lean Analytics- User Data to build a better startup faster is must book for any startup in any industry. It covers concept and practicalities of lean very beautiful way. It talks in detail about Lean Analytics (do not confused by web analytics) encompassing enterprise growth, customer satisfaction and other areas of startup.
Book provides a framework to develop analytics for any startup and also provide the path to achieve the goal as well.
Certainly this book will be on my bookshelf as ready reckoner.
Disclaimer: I did not get paid to review this book, and I do not stand to gain anything if you buy the book. I have no relationship with the publisher or the author. I got electronic format of book from publisher for review.
Further reading: There are several books on similar topic. Running Lean: Iterate from Plan A to a Plan That Works (http://www.amazon.com/Running-Lean-Iterate-Works-Series/dp/1449305172), The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses (http://www.amazon.com/The-Lean-Startup-Entrepreneurs-Continuous/dp/0307887898), The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future (http://www.amazon.com/The-100-Startup-Reinvent-Living/dp/0307951529), The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur: The tell-it-like-it-is guide to cleaning up in business, even if you are at the end of your roll (http://www.amazon.com/Toilet-Paper-Entrepreneur-tell-like/dp/0981808204), etc.
One can get more information about book and related topics from:
1. Book’s web presence http://leananalyticsbook.com/
2. Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Lean-Analytics-Better-Startup-Faster/dp/1449335675
3. Publisher -- Oreilly http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920026334.do
4. Some presentations at slideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/Leananalytics
5. Review at Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/reuvencohen/2013/03/21/lean-analytics-using-data-to-build-a-better-stronger-faster-startup
6. Review at Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Review-Lean-Analytics-Alistair-Croll-4650403.S.172319922
7. A lengthy review: http://www.ashmaurya.com/2013/03/lean-analytics-the-one-metric-that-matters-and-other-provocations